EPDM pipe boots are used to create a waterproof seal between the roof deck and protruding pipework.
- After installing the roofing membrane place the pipe boot in position by sliding it over the drain or pipe.
- You may need to cut to required diameter
- Mark the roofing membrane to show where rubber primer is to be applied
- Remove boot and apply rubber primer
- Wait until primer is touch dry and then re-install the pipe boot positioning over the pipe and onto the roof membrane.
- Smooth down the join with a seam roller
- Roll back the top of the boot and apply water cut off mastic around the pipe.
- Roll back top of boot over mastic and install and tighten hose clip using screw driver.